Opportunity has been defined as a chance for advancement, progress, or profit as well as a favorable circumstance or occasion. Pastors have these all the time, though many pass by unnoticed. Why is that? Maybe it is because we are not LOOKING for them as opportunities.
A Sudden Realization…
I had a friend growing up, who always spoke about seeing deer and turkeys along the roadside while driving to school or church. I always wondered why he saw them and I didn’t. I traveled the same road and didn’t see anything. A few years ago it suddenly dawned upon me that the reason he saw them and I didn’t was the he was actively LOOKING for those animals. I learned a valuable truth by this realization. If we do not LOOK for God’s blessings, or, in this case, Providential opportunities, then it is very likely that we will miss them altogether!
Listed below are 10 common opportunities that pastors have. It is entirely possible that one has not viewed these as opportunities. It is also likely that one has just thought of them as things done in the way of duty and not opportune gifts from God. It suffices to say that these ten items are opportunities that every pastor has and should be thankful for.
10 Opportunities Every Pastor Has
- Every Pastor Has The OPPORTUNITY To Represent Christ In The Church As His Under-shepherd.
- Every Pastor Has The OPPORTUNITY To Intercede For His People. (ex. Moses)
- Every Pastor Has The OPPORTUNITY To Serve His People. (We used to say that so-and-so was serving in a church as pastor)
- Every Pastor Has The OPPORTUNITY To Feed His Flock Through The Pulpit Ministry And In Various Teaching Capacities.
- Every Pastor Has The OPPORTUNITY To Evangelize His Community.
- Every Pastor Has The OPPORTUNITY To Help Those People That Very Few Care About In The Community. (People that don’t and won’t tithe or add anything substantive to the church by way of talent, etc.)
- Every Pastor Has The OPPORTUNITY To Lead A Local Congregation While Making A World-Wide Impact Through Missions.
- Every Pastor Has The OPPORTUNITY To Have A Part In Making A Difference In Individual’s Lives Every Week.
- Every Pastor Has The OPPORTUNITY To Have A “Job” That He Couldn’t Live Without.
- Every Pastor Has The OPPORTUNITY To Invest His Life In Eternal Things!
Can you see how these things are OPPORTUNITIES? Hopefully this will serve to encourage you in your ministry today!
Originally posted 2010-09-14 23:01:00. Republished by Blog Post Promoter