|Enjoy Your Children!|
In the hustle and bustle of ministry we can miss the opportunity to enjoy the little things of life. Rushing from here to there all day can add up. Every now and then, it is good to slow down and enjoy the little things that make life worth living. Listed below are my top ten things to enjoy from time to time…
Take time to enjoy the following:
- A letter from a friend – they took time to write you!
- A, “Thank you!” from a church member – you made their day!
- A time of prayer with someone – shared sweet communion!
- A meaningful conversation with your spouse – it is much better than the few words spoken in a rush out of the door in the morning!
- A, “Hey Brother Andrew!” from a child at church – they love you more than you realize!
- A, “Daddy, would you play with me?” – they soon say, “Daddy, can I have twenty bucks?”
- A fiery sunset – can be very therapeutic!
- An unexpected gift from someone you helped – in all labor there is profit!
- A good book by a brightly lit fire on the hearth – time slows to a crawl!
- A nap before supper – a few minutes of sweet dreams can make your food that much sweeter!
While it is important to be engaged in proper things, it is equally important to have some enjoyment along the way. Many pastors regret, later in life, how they spent too much time away from their homes. Most of the list above can be enjoyed in your home with your family. Remember to enjoy the little things!
Originally posted 2010-09-21 23:01:00. Republished by Blog Post Promoter