The Cause Of The Sting…
- Our Pride Gets Hurt! – Something is said that we disagree with and it hurts our feelings.
- We Are Embarrassed By Someone’s Observation! – Sometimes people point out something awkward or embarrassing that occurred which we thought nobody saw. This is sometimes flaunted when a person wants to criticize another.
- The Criticism Hits A Nerve Because Of Truth! – The Holy Spirit of God will prick our conscience with truth whenever it is presented to us. Though many times the STING is from someone trying to be cruel, often it is the Holy Spirit trying to correct us. We would do well to take notice!
The STING of criticism is worth pondering. Looking back over the years it is that awful STING which has done the most good for me. In fact, it has been a great teaching tool! How about you? Does the STING of criticism reveal areas for correction in your life?
|The John Phillips New Testament Commentary, 19 Volumes|
By Kregel Publications
Explore the entire New Testament in greater depth. This complete set of New Testament commentaries from the pen of expositor John Phillips will provide pastors, Sunday school teachers, and students of the Bible with doctrinally sound interpretation that emphasizes the practical application of Bible truth. Preachers especially will appreciate these commentaries as they provide a model and resource for sermons and lessons. Working from the familiar King James Version, Dr. Phillips not only provides helpful commentary on the text, but also includes detailed outlines and numerous illustrations and quotations. Anyone wanting to explore the meaning of God’s word in greater detail for personal spiritual growth or as a resource for preaching and teaching will welcome the guidance and insights of this respected series.
A frequent speaker at churches, conferences, and workshops across North America, John Phillips served as assistant director of the Moody Correspondence School as well as director of the Emmaus Correspondence School, one of the world’s largest Bible correspondence ministries. He also taught in the Moody Evening School and on the Moody Broadcasting radio network. He and his wife, Betty, live in Bowling Green, Kentucky.
- When Is a Young Man Ready to Start a Church? (ministry127.com)
- Do Pastors Still Mourn Over Sin (theworkingpastor.com)
- The Role and Authority of the Pastor in Church Planting (ministry127.com)
Originally posted 2010-10-03 23:01:00. Republished by Blog Post Promoter